My department, the Department of World Languages and Literatures at Western Michigan University, just published the inaugural issue of Transference, a journal of poetry in translation. The inaugural issue can be downloaded as a PDF by clicking here. It includes some wonderful translations of many poets from around the world, including many Japanese poets—Fujiwara Shunzei, Takamura Kōtarō, Yamanokuchi Baku, Doi Bansui, Ishihara Yoshirō, and even Natsume Sōseki.
We have just opened the reading period for the second issue. The journal publishes English translations of poetry from Arabic, Chinese, French and Old French, German, Classical Greek and Latin, Japanese, and Russian. We encourage translators to submit a short commentary on the art and process of translating along with their translations.
Submissions for our second issue will be accepted through January 5, 2014. Submissions can be sent in via the Transference website.
- yaoyuandedifang likes this
- workingclassnerd likes this
- internationaldateline likes this
- narubeku reblogged this from internationaldateline and added:
- narubeku likes this
- scumsoft likes this
- cornonmacabre likes this
- trishadulku likes this
- magical-mistral likes this
- peregrinage reblogged this from internationaldateline
- internationaldateline posted this